In years past we may not have set yearly goals and opted for small monthly goals. However with the craziness that was 2020 we both felt like you never know what may happen one month to the next! This year we decided to set some overall yearly goals but we also made sure they were goals that we could reach even if the world gets crazy again. Here is what we choose –
My year long goal is to regain some self confidence. With these crazy and uncertain times I have let certain habits slip that have led to me regaining weight. When I gain weight I lose self confidence. I don’t think I am alone here, but I am really feeling it right now. Since this goal is fairly abstract and quite broad. I have chosen a few factors to focus on to help me regain my confidence.
- I would like to focus on eating for nutrition again instead of eating for comfort. I want to remember what may comfort me for a few moments, might not provide the nutrition to drop pounds and feel healthier in the long run.
2. I would like to make my active minutes more productive. I did lots of walking last year and certainly moved nearly every day. This year I would like to be more mindful about incorporating strength training and flexibility into my routine. This will make everyday life easier and more enjoyable.
3. We are going to bring a monthly date night back to our schedule. The opportunity to dress up a bit certainly keeps goals in the forefront and boosts confidence.
4. Lastly, I am going to make weekly, monthly and yearly goals and SHARE them for accountability!
1. More studio time. My biggest goal this year is to use the studio more often. I have invested in some nicer equipment throughout last year so I’d like to utilize it! I plan on writing lots of music, recording it (audio and video when applicable), and sharing it. I have already done that a couple times this year and it makes me feel refreshed and energized. I plan to keep that energy going throughout the year!
2. Get back into jogging. A few summers ago I was jogging multiple times a week which was making me feel healthy and giving me some much needed vitamin D. I would like to get back into jogging this year. For the cold months I think I’ll stick to the treadmill to build endurance and then head outside when the weather is more cooperative.
3. Take more day trips. I think we are all hopeful that 2021 will be a year that shifts back towards some more normalcy. Jenna and I love to travel but that wasn’t really an option last year. So this year I’d like to take advantage of the ability to travel. Just in case it’s still not the safest option (and also to take advantage of our lovely state) I am hoping to do more day trips around the state. We have some books/apps that show us nice hikes and scenic things to do and I hope to try them out once we hit summer!
The thing about these goals is they are something that we can do no matter what the year brings. They also focus on things that make us happy since many people (us included) felt down numerous times through last year. Lastly there are some goals that we will have to reach together. Jenna and I both feel our best and strongest with the support of each other so it was important that we set goals that include each other!
Did you set any goals for this year? Are they big or small? Even if you didn’t feel up to goal setting we hope your 2021 is off to a good start and brings even more joy as it goes on!